February 26, 2010

Phenominal.


This is a selection from the "Double Jeopardy" riddim. "Double Jeopardy" was actually co-produced by dancehall songstress Ce'Cile and Cordell "Scatta" Burrell (of "Coolie Dance" riddim fame) and was in the early numbers of Greensleeves riddim albums (lucky #13, in fact).

I remember Alozade as being an incarcerated deejay (waaay before Jah Cure). As a matter of fact, this guy had a whole riddim produced in support of him being released from prison way back in 1999 ("Bondage" riddim, a 1-drop riddim released as a "Riddim Driven" LP on VP Records.).

This was a stand-out track on a "Double Jeopardy" run I had on an old mix CD I copped from West Philly's Enforcer records back in the '02 (I can't remember who's mix it was for the life of me.......large up Billy Banton and the entire Enforcer crew!!!).

Alozade "Phenominal"

No comments: